Effective Date: [Dec. 7, 2016]
Bytedance collects information about you when you use our [TopBuzz] mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services and through other interactions and communications you have with us. This Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by [Bytedance Inc.] and its affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “Bytedance” or “we”).
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to person anywhere in the world who use our apps or services (“Users”).
2.1 We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, use our services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, and other information to provide.
2.2 When you use our services, Bytedance collects information about you in the following general categories:
(1) Location Information: If you permit our app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, Bytedance may collect the location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. Bytedance may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
(2) Contacts Information: If you permit our app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, Bytedance may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services on the Platform and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
(4) Bytedance may collect information about your mobile devise, including for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
(5) Log Information: When you interact with the Platform, Bytedance collects server logs, which may include information like devise IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party sit or service you were using before interacting with the Platform.
2.3 Information About Platform Permissions: Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the [TopBuzz] app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the [TopBuzz] app seeks before your first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Bytedance may use the information we collect about you to:
(1) provide, maintain and improve our services, including provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate Users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
(2) perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
(3) send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Bytedance and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws and regulations; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
(4) personalize and improve the services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Bytedance may share the information we collect about you as follows:
(1) with third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
(2) with the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our service that are viewable by the general public;
(3) with third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate;
(4) with Bytedance’s subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on its behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
(5) with vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on Bytedance’s behalf;
(6) in response to a request for information by a competent authority if Bytedance believes disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable laws and regulations or legal process;
(7) with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if Bytedance believes your actions are inconsistent with the User Terms and Conditions of [TopBuzz.com] or to protect the rights, property or safety of Bytedance or others;
(8) if we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
(9) in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Platform may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on the Platform with other apps, sites, or media and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Platform or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Platform and our services constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].